Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Zoo Illogical

The last 3 lots of people I know that have gone, or were intending to go, to the zoo have all mentioned the same thing. 

They don't talk about how great the animals are or how fabulous the location is, both of which are true by the way.  They talk about how much it cost - $44 for a single ticket, which for four (non-family) friends, together with the ferry costs runs to over $200 between them and that's before you start buying any food and drinks or souvenirs. 

That's surely not the "memorable experience" the zoo management is hoping to give people but like the cinemas which I've complained about previously, there doesn't seem to be much of a plan to raise the frequency with which people will visit the zoo - just the usual plan to fleece as much money out of them on what will most likely be their only visit.  I realise that running a zoo isn't a low-cost affair and perhaps they figure that as most of their customers are tourists, they should maximise how much cash they can grab from them but in doing so, they are also discouraging a lot of would-be customers. 

Now I like the zoo - I even donate money to it - but I haven't been for years.  Come to think of it, perhaps I should stop donating money and use the money I save to buy an annual ticket but surely it shouldn't have to come to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment