Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Not Sure Why Zone

So we've got a No Fly Zone.  I remember when that was achieved by just spraying the room with Mortein.  These days apparently it means bombing every piece of military gear in sight. 

Now don't get me wrong, when it comes to colonels, I'm more of a Sanders man than a Gaddafi fan, but to me, apart from the fact that shooting up tanks and supply trucks seems to be more of a "No Drive Zone" approach, it also seems that we're a bit more involved in the war than is suggested by the term "No Fly Zone".  So it's another war with a spurious euphemism used at the outset to justify it.  That would be this war's "Weapons of Mass Destruction" then, no doubt to be followed at some point by an emphasising of the need for "Regime Change".

Of course when I say "We", I don't mean Australia.  No, when our former Prime Minister was out on the hustings spruiking the No Fly Zone, what he really meant was just that one should be set up.  With other people's planes.  After all, it's very important to make sure other people stand up for what you believe in.  Somebody's got to fight for my right.

Makes you feel so proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment