Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Strange Recall

Filling in a spreadsheet today, in respect of risk probabilities  which is about as exciting as it sounds.  Perhaps this is why I found myself staring at the word "medium".  You know, if you look at a word too long, it starts to look strange and then you start to wonder if you've spelt it correctly. 

I was just thinking that there ought to be a word that describes this phenomenon and then I remembered the old Two Ronnies gag.  The one about the midget psychic who'd escaped from prison.  Police were looking for a small medium at large.  The link is to a different skit but you'll see they really don't write them like that anymore.

So my tip for today is forget about inventing new words.  Instead, try remembering old jokes.  It's better for your health.

No comments:

Post a Comment