Thursday, August 19, 2010

Wrong Song


Had to make a call the other night and just grabbed a CD at random from the bookshelf before making it (I like to set a mood however random it may be). When I say random, obviously I didn't want to put on anything that was likely to drown out the conversation.

Glancing at the selected album, Beatles For Sale, it seemed to be suitable for not drowning out the conversation.

As the phone rang and rang, the first song "No Reply" seemed strangely apt. A wait, another unanswered dial and then "I'm A Loser" chimed through the speakers. One more try I figured. By now "Baby's In Black" had come on with its fateful "Oh dear what can I do? Baby's in black and I'm feeling blue" line and I decided perhaps there's a message here.

It's a great album but don't use it when making a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment